Get Help from our Arlington Car Accident Attorneys
As a large city and an entertainment and sporting mecca for North Texas and beyond, Arlington, Texas, has an enormous amount of traffic. With heavy, constant traffic comes an increased chance for car accidents of all kinds, especially when you consider the number of people who commute to and from Arlington daily.
If you or a loved one was one of the unfortunate thousands who are involved in an Arlington car accident, you will want an experienced attorney on your side. Our personal injury attorneys Michael Guajardo and Greg Marks will walk you through the process and help to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. After all, why should you be forced to pay for an accident when it’s not your fault?
Types of Car Accidents
Depending upon the type of car accident you are in, you can have a variety of injuries, such as head trauma, concussion, broken bones, internal injuries, back and spinal injuries and more. Below are the five most common types of car accidents in the Dallas area:
- Vehicle rollover accident: These accidents occur usually when the driver loses control of their vehicle, runs off the road and overturns. Rollovers often happen from bad weather, driver inattention, speeding and alcohol consumption.
- Single-car accident: This common type of car accident involves one vehicle, and is normally caused by running off the road and hitting a solid object such as a tree or building. Some single-car accidents happen from the driver’s attempting to avoid an object in the road, such as an animal.
- Rear-end accident: This car accident is where a vehicle hits another in front of it. These are most often caused by driver inattention or distraction, panic stops, tailgating and reduced traction from poor weather.
- Side-impact accident: Also called broadside or T-bone crashes, these occur when one car hits the side of another. They often occur at intersections and in parking lots. These serious accidents account for up to one-fourth of all traffic deaths. The side of the vehicle is much less protective in a collision, even with the introduction of side impact airbags.
- Head-on accident: This serious accident happens when one vehicle hits another coming in the opposite direction. Head on crashes are more rare, but they are the deadliest type of accident due to the high speeds involved. They are often caused by driver distraction, intoxication and falling asleep behind the wheel.
I was in an Arlington Car Wreck; What Now?
The aftermath of an accident can leave the victim with many questions. You may be injured, forced to miss work, and you are probably stuck without a vehicle. One hugely important fact you should remember following an auto accident is that the insurance company is already formulating their plan to deny or delay your settlement or reduce the amount they owe you. If you have been in a wreck, we suggest you do the following:
- Seek medical attention immediately. Even if you don’t think you are hurt, some injuries take time before they become apparent; and if you wait too long, you could be putting your chance at compensation in jeopardy.
- Never speak to the opposing insurance company. They will undoubtedly try to get you to admit fault or to agree to a settlement far below what’s fair.
- Document the facts of the accident. You should write down the details and take pictures of the accident as soon as you can. The longer you wait, the less you will remember, and this information can be invaluable for your claim.
Call an Arlington car accident attorney as soon as possible.
If the other side is already building their case, you should have somebody doing the same for you. That is why we urge all accident victims to contact us as soon as possible. The more time you give us to pursue your claim, the better chance we have of building a case to get you the maximum compensation allowed.
What Can an Arlington Car Wreck Lawyer do for Me?
Our job as attorneys is to protect your rights and fight to get you the justice and compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one was injured in an accident, you could be entitled to:
- Compensation for Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Property Damages
- Pain and Suffering.
From the moment you contact us, we will go to work investigating the facts around your accident and begin putting together the best claim possible. We will handle the legal and financial aspects of your case so you can focus on your recovery and getting your life back.
Do you Handle other Cases?
Our attorneys have decades of proven, award-winning experience in trying a number of different types of cases. In addition to car wrecks we handle:
- Truck accidents
- Construction accidents
- Vehicle defects
- Dangerous drugs
- Wrongful death
If you suspect you may have a case, we urge you to contact us for your free case evaluation. We can help you discover what legal options you have and whether or not we can help you.
Hire an Arlington Personal Injury Attorney to Get Help Now
We understand the stress a car wreck or personal injury can cause and how difficult it can be to choose the right attorney for your case. Every case and client is different, and while we can’t make claims about the success of your case, we can promise to provide the resources, expertise and personal, respectful service that have become hallmarks of Michael, Greg and the rest of our legal team.
If you or a loved one was in an accident, or have suffered some other severe personal injury, we invite you to contact us today to discuss your situation.
A Review From Our Client
“Michael took excellent care of me and the handling of my Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury claim. My own insurance company was slow-playing me and offering to underpay me for my injuries, healthcare, and physical therapy. With Michael’s efforts, I received more than double what my (now previous) insurance company initially offered me. I am forever grateful for his help and assistance during an extremely tumultuous time following my serious car accident. For being highly competent and professional, I enthusiastically give Guajardo & Marks my highest endorsement. “