How much will a truck accident lawsuit cost me?
- March 31, 2020
- Truck Accidents
How much will a truck accident lawsuit cost me?
If you’ve been injured in a crash with a large truck or semi-trailer, you may be asking yourself how much will a truck accident lawsuit cost me? These crashes can be so dangerous and often result in traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, spinal cord injuries and worse. Medical bills pile up and you’re missing work. You likely have a lot of financial fears, too, and are wondering what to do.
Hiring a skilled truck accident lawyer costs you nothing at Guajardo & Marks. Our attorneys work on contingency, which means that we don’t get paid until you get paid. We require no up-front fee to file a personal injury claim on your behalf. Our legal fees are paid by the defendant as part of a settlement agreement or jury award. This lets you focus on getting better while we focus on the legal issues. For a free initial consultation about how our truck accident lawyers may be able to help with your case, call us at 972-774-9800.
What do truck accident lawyers cost?
At Guajardo & Marks, we recognize that when people are injured due to someone else’s negligence, they often need legal help. But an injured person may not have the financial resources on hand to pay an attorney up front. That’s not a problem with our law firm. Our skilled and experienced truck accident lawyers work on contingency. Our legal fees are paid by the defendant, most often as part of a settlement agreement. If for any reason your claim is not successful, then you owe us nothing. A lack of resources should never be a reason for not getting justice if you or a family member have been seriously injured in a truck accident.
Rather than worrying and staying awake at night, reach out to us at Guajardo & Marks if you’ve been injured and are struggling. We have successfully represented hundreds of clients who sustained moderate and life-long injuries due to accidents with large trucks and 18-wheelers. We fight aggressively on behalf of our clients to secure financial compensation that covers current and future medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering and other damages. We can do the same for you.
Make that phone call today at (972) 774-9800. We can help you get the financial compensation you deserve.
How Much Can I Get for My Truck Accident Claim?
The amount of compensation you may be able to receive after a truck accident depends on several factors. In general, the more serious the accident and injuries, the greater the financial payout. Significant factors that influence compensation include:
- How severe the injuries are
- How many people were injured
- Whether there were any fatalities
- Who was at fault for the accident
- How much property damage was involved
- Whether the truck driver or trucking company has been charged with previous safety violations.
Because the circumstances of each crash is unique, there is no average financial payout for truck accident cases. That’s why it’s so important to hire an aggressive and experienced Dallas truck accident lawyer who will go toe-to-toe with the insurance companies and get you the best possible compensation you deserve.
Is There a Time Limit for My Truck Accident Claim?
In Texas there is a two-year statute of limitations for filing a truck accident injury claim. This two-year statute of limitations also extends to any claims for property damage, such as damage to your car, SUV or vehicle. In most cases, the clock starts ticking the day the accident occurs. If a loved one dies as a result of a truck crash and you file a wrongful death claim, the clock does not start ticking at the time of the accident — it starts when the person dies. It is important that you not miss this two-year period to file a claim or you will lose your opportunity to initiate a case.
What Are the First Things I Should Do If I’m in a Motorcycle Accident?
- Call the Police – It’s important to call the police immediately so they can respond to the scene, conduct a review of the on-site evidence, get witness statements, record crash data and file a police report.
- Seek Medical Attention – Allow EMS to treat any wounds or head injuries you may have sustained in the crash and go in an ambulance to the hospital emergency room if that is what EMS tells you to do.
- Document the Accident Details – If you are severely injured, you may not be able to do this. But if you are able, take pictures of the crash with your smart phone, get the other driver’s name and insurance information, write down the time and location of the accident, and record any other visual or auditory details that you can recall from the crash.
- Call Guajardo & Marks – Contact a truck accident lawyer in Dallas as quickly as possible so that he can begin gathering evidence, reviewing eyewitness accounts and building a strong claim on your behalf. For a free initial consultation about your case, call us at 972-774-9800.
Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents
There are often common causes when motorists are injured or killed in a truck accident. These accidents can result from a truck driver who is:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Fatigued and driving longer than the limits set down by law
- Making a left-hand turn
- Making a sudden stop
- Failing to properly maintain or maintenance the truck.
If you have been injured in a truck accident due to someone else’s negligence, then you have legal recourse. You are entitled to seek financial compensation.
Contact a Skilled and Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a family member has been seriously injured in a truck accident through no fault of your own, then it may be time to get legal help. Bills are piling up, your earnings disappear and your home is filled with worry and uncertainty. The skilled truck accident lawyers at Guajardo & Marks can file a lawsuit on your behalf asking for financial compensation. We have helped hundreds of clients just like you. Hiring a truck accident lawyer costs you nothing because we work on contingency, which means that our fees are paid by the defendant as part of a settlement agreement or jury award. So you need no money up front to hire us. For a free initial consultation about your case, call us at 972-774-9800. We’re here to help.