Important Steps to Take after a Dallas Auto Accident
- May 9, 2013
- Car Accidents
Guajardo & Marks is focused on protecting the rights of our injured clients. We handle various types of motor vehicle accident claims and have extensive knowledge of the strategies involved for each type. If you have been injured in a car accident, truck accident or other type of accident, it is often the initial steps that make the greatest impact in the success of your case.
Take the following steps if they have been injured in any type of motor vehicle accident – car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, pedestrian or bicycle accident.
- File an accident report. If the crash is serious, law enforcement and an ambulance may arrive on the scene.
- Exchange insurance information with the other driver or drivers.
- Seek medical attention. While some injuries may be obvious, others may not be. Some injuries may take hours to surface. However, it is important to obtain medical care early on. Thorough documentation of your injuries can bolster the strength of your personal injury insurance claim. And, if your injuries are life-threatening, it is of course vital to obtain a doctor’s help.
- Call our law firm at 972-774-9800 and arrange your free initial consultation. Our firm encourages you to speak with our lawyer as soon as you can, especially in truck accident cases. The sooner we can get on the accident scene, the sooner we can explore the cause of the truck accident. We will also handle all communications with your insurance company.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, your injuries and the property damage to your car.
- Pictures can be taken with a disposable camera kept in your glove box or even with your cell phone.
- Obtain names and contact information of witnesses.
Do not give any statements to your insurance company or to the negligent driver’s insurance company.
After you have obtained medical care, call our law office at 972-774-9800 and schedule your free initial consultation. We charge no attorney’s fees unless we recover on your behalf. Our office is conveniently located in One Galleria Tower at the Galleria Mall.