Caught Between Hazards Serious Threat to Dallas Construction Workers
- May 9, 2013
- Construction Site Accidents
Unfortunately, most construction sites contain many potentially hazardous situations. One such situation is when a worker becomes trapped between two objects.
This event is called a caught-in or caught-between hazard. OSHA has defined a caught-in or caught-between hazard as: Injuries resulting from a person being squeezed, caught, crushed, pinched, or compressed between two or more objects, or between two parts of an object.
Common causes of caught hazards that can cause a Dallas construction site accident include:
- Cave-ins (most likely to happen when doing trench work)
- Being caught in or pulled into machinery (including strangulation due to clothing being caught in running equipment)
- Being crushed or compressed between objects that roll, slide or shift (e.g. caught between a truck frame and hydraulic bed or between an I-beam and lift)
Too Many Construction Workers Killed During a Caught Accident
According to information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) in 2008 975 private-industry construction workers lost their lives on the job. Of these, 92 of them were killed because of a caught-in or caught-between hazard.
It is up to your employer to ensure that you are well protected from caught hazards on the construction site. Your boss should ensure that you and your crew have been:
- Trained as to the best ways to prevent a caught injury
- Provided with proper safety equipment during excavation work
- Provided with guards on all power tools and any equipment with moving parts
- Protected from heavy equipment that can tip over
- Provided with a way to avoid the collapse of structure scaffolds
If You Have Been Injured on a Construction Site
Do you know your rights after being hurt during an accident on a construction site in Dallas? Are you sure?
The best way to ensure that you and your family are protected after an on the job accident is to speak with an experienced Dallas construction site accident lawyer. At Guajardo & Marks we have the experience and the resources to help you get the money you need to get your life back in order. Don’t be bullied into a too-low settlement. Call 877.290.1382 today to learn just how much compensation you are entitled to. It may be much more than you think.