Five Common Dallas Car Wrecks to Avoid
- May 8, 2013
- Car Accidents
Nationwide, car accidents are a frequent occurrence, and Dallas is no exception. A driver may take every precaution to stay safe—using a seatbelt, driving defensively, staying focused, not texting—and still may become the victim in an accident. Unfortunately, car accidents are an inevitable part of driving today, and oftentimes these accidents result in the driver or passengers sustaining injuries.
No Two Accidents Are Alike
What can you do to avoid an accident? If you are aware of the five common Dallas car wrecks, you may be able to plan ahead or act quickly to avoid a collision. Let’s take a look at the five most common accidents:
- Rear impact. A rear impact accident occurs when a car is hit from behind by another vehicle. This usually results from a vehicle following too closely and/or not braking in time to avoid hitting the car in front of it. Rear impact collisions account for nearly 30 percent of car accidents in the United States.
- Side impact. This is when a vehicle collides with another on the side of one of the vehicles. A side impact collision occurs most frequently from “t-boning” (such as at an intersection) or from merging into another vehicle’s lane.
- Head-on collision. A head-on collision occurs when one vehicle hits the front of another vehicle. The most common cause for a head-on collision is a driver falling asleep.
- Rollover. A rollover accident describes when a vehicle flips onto its side or roof. The most common cause for a rollover accident is a vehicle turning too sharply at a high speed. Tall vehicles are most likely to rollover.
- Runoff. Runoff accidents typically only involve one vehicle. A runoff occurs when a car drives off the road. It happens most often due to either a driver not paying attention or swerving to avoid hitting an animal or vehicle.
What to Do After Your Dallas Car Wreck
Does one of these auto accidents sound familiar? If you were involved in an auto accident in Texas, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. You can discuss your legal options by contacting an experienced Dallas car wreck lawyer at Guajardo & Marks. Simply call 972-774-9800 today, and we will schedule your free car accident case evaluation to introduce you to our firm.