Compensation in a Texas Medical Malpractice Claim
- May 8, 2013
- Medical Malpractice
The one thing that every person would love to have is their health. Millions of dollars and hours of time are spent every year to get and stay healthy. When someone takes this away it can be devastating and hard to deal with. But it’s extremely unfortunate when health is negatively impacted by the people we trust the most: doctors and health professionals.
Medical malpractice in Dallas is an unfortunate but common problem. In fact, approximately 195,000 people are killed every year due to medical malpractice. For those who have become a victim of medical malpractice, it is important to know that you may be entitled to compensation.
Compensation in a Texas medical malpractice claim may be awarded for the following:
- Medical Bills – Medical malpractice can cause medical bills to pile up. The amount of money that is spent on medical treatment, medical devices, hospital stay and all other medical costs incurred due to the negligence may be recovered.
- Future medical bills – The acts of a medical professional can lead to other medical conditions that can be long lasting. These future medical costs may be awarded as compensation to the patient.
- Loss of wages – Sometimes a patient is forced to miss work for treatment or because of illness. The wages that are lost because of this can be recouped.
- Loss of future wages – Negligence by a medical professional can lead to a patient being unable to work in the future. Long term disability caused by Dallas medical malpractice can be a horrible burden on future income. During a claim, these losses can be recovered.
- Pain and suffering – Pain and suffering damages include physical pain resulting from the malpractice.
- Mental anguish – Any type of mental or emotional distress that is suffered as a result of the malpractice accident can be claimed.
If you have been a victim of negligence by a doctor or medical professional, you need the assistance of a Texas medical malpractice lawyer at Guajardo and Marks. Call 972-774-9800 for a free case evaluation.