Dallas Law Firm Blog

I was just hit by an 18 wheeler. What do I need to do?

If you have been involved in an accident with a truck or were hit by an 18 wheeler, you should first and foremost, get immediate medical attention.  Next, if possible, you should get the contact information for the truck driver, the name of the trucking company and the trucking company’s DOT number (usually on the driver’s door).  You should take pictures of the scene, debris on the roadway, the truck and trailer, your car, skid marks, etc.  You should also notify your insurance company.

Because there is a lot of other critical evidence that needs to be preserved, you should call one of our truck accident attorneys as soon as possible.  Trucking cases are very complex, and there are many issues that must be dealt with. Michael Guajardo and Greg Marks have decades of proven, successful experience handling 18 wheeler accidents and will provide the personal service and resources required to get you the best compensation available.

If you or a loved one has been involved in an 18 wheeler accident, we urge you to contact us for your free consultation. We can walk you through the claims process and even help you get the medical help you need.

For further questions about trucking cases, please see our webpage on 18-Wheeler Wrecks.