Dallas Law Firm Blog

What is UIM and PIP Coverage?

If you have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) on your car insurance, and you are injured in a car accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your medical bills and lost wages, up to your policy limits. Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist (UIM) coverage provides coverage to you if you are injured in a car accident and the negligent driver either has no insurance coverage, or he or she does not have enough insurance coverage to fully compensate you for your injuries and damages. You should consider getting these benefits on your car insurance, especially since there are a lot of people who do not have any insurance.