What Can I do to Prevent a Dallas Construction Injury?
- April 23, 2013
- Construction Site Accidents
There are over 155,000 construction accidents every year in the United States. Many of the Dallas construction-related injuries are considered severe and should not be taken lightly. For this reason, many companies go to great lengths in order to prevent their employees from being injured on the job.
Unfortunately some companies skimp on all safety standards and procedures, putting their employees at great risk. It is important for your health and safety that you do what it takes to protect yourself. Some of the things you can do to prevent a Dallas construction injury are:
- Educate – Education can be a great deterrent of accidents. Take all safety courses offered by your company. Ask if there are optional safety courses or material that may be beneficial to you. Also educate yourself on all the equipment you will be using on the job site.
- Use precaution – Take all the precautions that may keep you safe. Read and adhere to all safety labels. If you ever feel like you may be in a dangerous situation, be sure to do what it takes to get out of it.
- Communicate – If you feel that there is a potential threat that may put you or your fellow employees at risk of injury you should communicate that concern to your supervisor.
- Protective wear – While on the job, be sure to wear all safety gear that is required of you. Most construction jobs require hard hats and protective eyewear. Wear any protective gear you may feel may help, i.e. steel toed boots, gloves, long sleeve shirts and back braces.
If you have been injured on the job, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact a Dallas construction site accident lawyer at Guajardo & Marks for the compensation you deserve. Call 972-774-9800 for your free case evaluation.