In Texas, 18-wheelers charge down the road with ferocious power and force. These trucks gather many looks from passenger vehicles as their large tires hum alongside them. Trying to focus and drive next to one of these trucks can be very difficult, as you may be thinking about how easy it would be to get involved in a tragic trucking accident. Fortunately, truck drivers must have specific training and licensing procedures in order to operate the vehicle.
Although truck drivers are watching and taking precautions, accidents still do happen. Unfortunately, because of the large size and weight of a truck, a lot of damage can occur during a Texas truck crash.
Some statistics for Texas 18-wheeler accidents are:
- Crashes –There are over 400,000 accidents involving trucks every year, nationwide.
- Fatalities – Every year in the United States, there are over 5,000 deaths relating to trucking accidents.
- Injuries – Injuries are very common during truck accidents. There are over 150,000 every year in the U.S.
- Location – Over 61% of all fatal trucking accidents happen on rural roads. Approximately 25% happen on Interstate highways.
- Single vehicle crashes – 19% of all fatal crashes were single vehicle crashes. Single vehicle crashes also made up 14% of all injury accidents and 30% of all property damage accidents.
Hit By a Semi?
If you have been involved in an accident with an 18-wheeler, you may be entitled to compensation. An experienced 18-wheeler accident attorney at Guajardo & Marks, LLP will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Call 972-774-9800 today for a free case evaluation.