Could a Defective Seatbelt have made my Accident Injuries Worse?
- April 23, 2013
- Vehicle Defects
There is every chance that a defective or ineffective seatbelt caused your accident to be worse than it should have been. Seatbelts are meant to protect the wearer, and most often do, but there are times when a seatbelt system fails to prevent serious injuries.
Seatbelts have been knows to fail in the following ways:
- Retractor error that causes the seatbelt to be too loose
- Errors and defects in the manufacturing or assembly of the seat belt
- Improper weld that causes the base of the seatbelt to come away from the vehicle
- Defective material used for the belt itself
- Poor design—such as placing a seatbelt weld on the ceiling of the car—that can bend or break during roll-over
For all the ways that seatbelts work, there are ways they fail. As a Dallas auto defect lawyer, I have represented many people who were injured or lost loved ones during an accident in a defective vehicle.
What Matters When Choosing a Dallas Auto Defect Lawyer
When you choose an attorney, please ensure that they have the experience and resources to defend your rights and get you the compensation you need. The last thing you want is to be left—injured and alone—holding the bill.
For the experience, compassion, and results you deserve, call 972-774-9800 to schedule your free consultation with a Dallas personal injury attorney who is ready to handle even the toughest cases.