How to Prevent a Dallas Jackknife Accident
- November 17, 2012
- Car Accidents
If you or someone you know has been involved in a Dallas jackknife accident, you surely have seen the damage and destruction it can cause. Many people who tow trailers do not have the experience and knowledge it takes to prevent and escape from a jackknife situation.
If you are going to be towing any sort of trailer, it is very important that you know how to prevent a jackknife accident. Preventing a jackknife accident can save your life, as well as the lives of your passengers and others on the road. Some of the ways you can prevent a Dallas jackknife accident are:
- Watch for swaying—Keep a close eye on your trailer at all times. Watch to see if the trailer is swaying, especially during braking, turns and changing lanes.
- Maintain trailer—Bad tires, suspension and trailer brakes will increase the likely hood of losing control of the trailer.
- Follow weight limit—Do not load the trailer past its suggested manufacture weight limit. Doing so will increase sway and may cause the trailer to become unbalanced.
- Control speed—Driving too fast can cause more sway on the trailer and can also lead to many other dangerous situations. If you must, drive slowly with the hazard lights on and proceed with caution.
- Use caution with light loads—There are many jackknife accidents that occur when the trailer is empty. A trailer that is light can bounce and sway very easily.
If you have been injured in a jackknife, or any other type of accident, you may be entitled to compensation. If you have been injured, you need the representation of an experienced Dallas car wreck lawyers at Guajardo & Marks. Call 972-774-9800 today for a free consultation.