Common Injuries from Dallas Construction Accidents
- October 27, 2012
- Construction Site Accidents
Just like you do every day, you rise early in the morning, grab a cup of coffee, and prepare yourself for the long day ahead on the construction site. As you arrive and greet your fellow workers, you clock in and begin your day. Not long after you clock in, you find yourself lying on your back in pain as you realize you have just been injured in a Dallas construction accident.
Injuries from Dallas Construction Accidents
Scenarios like this actually do occur on a daily basis. Ladder accidents, debris falling, machinery accidents and workers falling are some of the common causes for construction injuries in Dallas. They commonly cause injuries such as:
- Head injuries – The mandatory use of hardhats on construction sites help prevent some of the on the job injuries. Even with hardhats, however, head injuries are still quite common. Concussions, brain trauma and even death are some of the consequences of head injuries sustained at construction sites.
- Spinal cord injuries – These injuries cause damage to the nerves that control the muscles of the body. Spinal cord injuries often lead to partial and full paralysis.
- Contusions – Working around tools and sharp objects puts you at a risk for suffering from a contusion. Contusions range from minor, requiring a few bandages, to severe, requiring surgery and even leading to amputation.
- Broken bones – Heavy equipment and debris can crush bones. Bone injuries can cause severe pain. These injuries sometimes require the victim to undergo surgery.
Being injured on a construction site can be a life altering event requiring medical attention. If you have been injured on a construction site, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact a Dallas construction injury attorney at Guajardo & Marks to discuss you legal options.