Bicycle Accident Draws Attention to Bike Fort Worth
- September 27, 2012
- Car Accidents
A recent hit and run accident in Fort Worth involving a car and a cyclist brings attention to the issue of sharing the road safely with bicycles.
Currently, the city of Fort Worth is working to achieve the following goals:
- Triple the number of bicycle commuters
- Decrease bicyclist-related crashes by ten percent
- Attain the official designation of a Bicycle Friendly Community through the League of American Bicyclists
In order to achieve these goals, Bike Fort Worth was created. Bike Fort Worth is a citywide program that has created a plan for making the city more bike-friendly. In order to do so, Bike Fort Worth is working on the following issues:
- Increasing the number of designated bicycle parking facilities
- Improving road conditions
- Adding to the bike trails in central Fort Worth and beyond
- Creating an extensive bikeway network
- Launching a public safety campaign to increase awareness of how to share the road safely
Doing Your Part
Whether driving in Fort Worth or Dallas, we can all do our part to prevent accidents with cyclists. To do so, it’s important that you:
- Pass cyclists with at least three feet between the two of you
- Understand that bicycles have the same right to be on the road as you do
- Slow down when approaching a cyclist
- Not honk or otherwise distract a cyclist
- Follow at least one car length behind a cyclist
Together, we can help prevent bicycle/car accidents. Through education, we can better understand the best way to share the roads of Forth Worth with those who choose a bicycle over a car.
Our Dallas accident lawyers want you to be safe, whether you’re a driver or cyclist. If, despite your best efforts, you are hurt during an accident in Dallas, or anywhere in north Texas, call 972-774-9800. By scheduling your free consultation, you will be ensuring that your rights as an accident victim are protected. Do not settle for less than your case is worth. Call today.